Monday 9 July 2018

Geographical limitations

I graduated from college with big dreams. I was planning to apply to masters or go for an internship at a really cool animations studio. It didn't take long for my dreams to come crumbling down. 
It was not that I'm not good enough I was just born far away from my big dreams. 

One recruitment officer told me " I can higher 10 people from the cost I have to bear to sponsor you a work visa and to offer you a job here".Funny thing is This quote came from the closest industry I had access to. I was not prepared for this. 

All my life I have been a child grew up with the internet I found friends knowledge and opportunities on the internet. I found a full scholarship for my higher education. I even found ways to travel to other countries, made friends around the world, kept in touch with them long after. Some I can even call my best friends. The Internet made me forget the geographical limitations.  

Un till now I never realized the number of geographical boundaries we have in the world.

But still, I didn't give up I applied to a lot of opportunities local and global. I got rejection email after rejection email from the global opportunities I applied. The reason is visa.. specifically work visa. They had nice ways of praising it but it still hurt. 

And local opportunities I went to a few interviews those didn't work out either. 

At this point, I was so frustrated. I didn't know where my life was going I was doing some part-time jobs to earn my living but I was not doing the thing I love. I wanted to just couldn't figure out how.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

college buddy

I was still in the same head space. I wasn't unhappy just wanted an answer so bad about what the future will be like will I ever get to...